Senior Researcher, London
Clockwork Research is currently looking for a Senior Researcher to join our team based at our Borough High Street office, SE1. Reporting to the Director of Research you will undertake and provide support for fatigue risk management research projects with clients involved in safety critical industries (aviation, oil and gas, mining, rail). We currently have a diverse portfolio of interesting projects based around the world.
The role of Senior Researcher
As part of this role you could be involved in a range of activities including:
- Data collection using a variety of research techniques, both qualitative and quantitative depending upon the project. These could include actigraphy, diaries, interviews and survey software.
- Roster analysis using computer software.
- Data analysis using computer-based statistical software (e.g. SPSS, R, Excel).
- Report writing: creating tables, charts, building reports based on data analysis.
- Planning and organising project logistics.
- Literature reviews.
- Contributing to project development and client relationship activities.
- Developing relevant knowledge and skills through supported self-managed learning.
- Representing Clockwork Research at conferences and industry meetings.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree standard.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Postgraduate qualification in a subject related to human factors, sleep, physiology, safety management or psychology.
- Experience of undertaking research projects, gained in an academic, operational or consulting capacity.
- Proven ability to perform statistical analyses using standard social sciences statistical packages.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills; capable of writing and presenting technical reports.
- Reliable, flexible and positive.
- Attention to detail and accurate high quality output.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time/workload effectively.
- Keen for new experience and responsibility.
- Able to work on own and as part of a small team.
Salary and benefits
- Starting salary: c.£32,500 depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Group pension scheme
- Annual contribution to health and wellbeing activities (e.g. gym membership).
To apply for this position please submit your CV to email@example.com explaining why you are interested in the position.