Fatigue Risk Management (FRM) Diagnostic
Through the Fatigue Risk Management Diagnostic process, you will gain the confidence to answer the following questions:
- Are our FRM processes as effective as we want and need them to be?
- What are our key organisational fatigue risks, and are we managing them appropriately?
- Where do we need to adjust or add FRM processes, and how do we go about this?
An FRMD involves:
- Evaluation of your documentation for compliance with the relevant regulatory requirements and industry best-practice
- Interviews with key stakeholders and focus groups with employees to understand context and culture
- Quantifying the level of fatigue associated with work schedules using a bio-mathematical fatigue model
- Environmental assessment of sleep and work facilities
The FRMD identifies any FRM processes that are missing or not working as intended, and provides an FRM Implementation Plan or FRM Improvement Plan. The purpose of the plan is to provide you with:
- Peace of mind that fatigue risks are being effectively managed
- The ability to demonstrate, for example to your Regulator, that fatigue risk is being effectively managed